Friday 16 March 2012

Reflecting myself!

It has been a while since I used my blog to write and it is clear that although I have started, I have not fully embraced blogging on a regular basis. I also had a period where I did not use my Twitter account that much as well as my LinkedIn page. Facebook has never really been my thing and although I have a page, I am not using it that much.

So, why back into writing?

I was in need of inspiration and reflection, it's as simple as that. My school and colleagues are fantastic but there is more. I needed to open my eyes, share my thoughts with others, ask questions and get some ideas that will move me forward. Questions that will help my department, my school and above all my students.
So.... I got back into twitter, which for me is the main source of professional development. I linked with several new people, saw some interesting new websites and blogs, in short, I got inspired again. To write it down in a blog is reflective and helps me to evaluate and plan ahead at the same time.

Leading to what?

After me, two of my PE department members, Remke Langendonck (@rlangendonck) and Ben Dutton (@bpdutton81) are also back into twitter and sharing. We continue to be very innovative towards the subject of Physical Education. Our heads are buzzing and we are excited to put some of the ideas we have into practice. Follow us all and we will share.

My next blog will be more specific about the projects we are working on in PE at Berlin Brandenburg International School. 

Thanks for all of you who share!

Joost

No comments:

Post a Comment